Tuesday, August 28, 2007

A Good Desk Chair

This was the sorry state of our office chair last week:

I tell him that I love him all the time, but I definitely do not love his cigar-smoking habit. Plus, that tiny lumbar pillow did not make this chair very comfortable for long stretches of computer time. So I made this:

Not perfect, but oh-so-refreshing. Very girly and more in keeping with the cozy-cute vibe of the office. And definitely more appropriate since I'm the one who actually *works* in this office. This was my first attempt at any kind of box pillow or (loosely) upholstery. I winged it, and was pleasantly surprised when the edging actually worked out. I will have to find a better way to cut 2 inch thick upholstery foam, though (and dang is that stuff expensive!), as this came out a little scraggly and not quite as square as I would have liked. Still it makes me hopeful for future upholstery projects (slipcovers, here I come!).

Note the puppy dog tail at the bottom of the photo. The picture below is actually an old one from his puppy days, but it gives an idea of the cute that I have at my feet as I work at this now more comfortable desk:

No comments: