Monday, August 13, 2007

Buzzy bag


Over the weekend, I made the Pleated Beauty bag from Bend-the-Rules Sewing in some Echino wasp fabric from Superbuzzy. I could see myself making this bag over and over again. The color in the photo above is not very representative; it looks over-bright. (It's possible that the bag is acting bright on purpose to try to draw your attention from the *weeds* growing through my fence--please ignore how big they've gotten!)

Nevertheless, I love the waspies, and the weight of the Echino fabric. I might add some extra interfacing to the bag to make it a little less floppy next time, especially if I decide to make it in a more 'serious' color scheme.

The photo below is more representative of the colors of the bag. So much fun!


Also, today is my parents' *thirtieth* anniversary. I'm so fortunate to have such great parents, and I am inspired by their strong marriage. Congratulations, Mom and Dad!

No comments: