So after the fun that I had with the last table runner, I decided that we could use another one for year-round use.
I also decided to let myself off the hook on all those postage stamp blocks that I was making. Those suckers are way too much work to make a whole quilt out of them-- my congratulations to those who have managed to do it! Luckily, the fourteen blocks that I had finished already went together very nicely as a long-ish table runner. The whole thing with borders came out to about 20" by 55". This runner also gave me another chance to practice my continuous machine quilting. I got to use some variegated King Tut quilting thread that Santa put in my stocking. I think it's color 918, Joseph's Coat. I really love the effect-- and this thing came out of the dryer seriously crinkly and nice.
It feels so good to have such a nice end product, but it also feels good to let go of the (self-imposed) expectation that I had to make the whole quilt. More photos on Flickr.