Saturday, January 12, 2008

Catching up

I spent some time this week doing some catching up on AmandaJean's quilt-along. I'm still not quite there, but here are the blocks from week 4. I wish that I was better at piecing and could have made the four pairs of half-square triangles on each side of the blocks (in the background charcoal color) out of one triangle. But this is not the first time that I have tried and failed to make that type of measurement work out. So this will have to do for now. And here are the blocks for week 7. I like that a lot of these blocks have a very diagonal energy to them. I think that's what might end up making my quilt work. I have a couple of ideas for setting these blocks in the finished quilt, and I'm looking forward to trying them out when the 12 weeks are up and I have 24 blocks.
But right now I have some more catching up to do. Week 5's blocks are in progress, and week 6 and week 8 still remain to be done. Happy weekend, all!

No comments: