Thursday, January 17, 2008

Another snow day

I guess I got my truly snowy day and white roads. It's been snowing since about 9:30 this morning. (NB: I'll never get tired of photos of this road (although some of you might).)

Just in time for my completed Fetching mitts. I knitted these from some Malabrigo in my stash (I don't know the colorway) on number 9 needles, as the pattern suggests.
I worked an extra repeat of the cabling at the wrist and omitted the picot bind-off. I really like these-- they're so soft and were a really quick knit-- but they're way too big for my tiny child hands. So I think I'll make another pair for myself on size 8 needles and give this pair away. Even though I think this colorway doesn't really do the cables justice, I may even be able to eke another pair out of the leftovers from this skein. That would be truly thrifty.Also thrifty and a perfect snow day activity-- homemade bread. This is honey oatmeal bread from the little spiral-bound cookbook that came with my mixer. Yum. More snow photos on Flickr.

No comments: