Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Christmas Cobblestone

Since my husband was working so much this fall, I had plenty of time to work on this secret Christmas gift for him. It's Jared Flood's Cobblestone sweater, from the fall issue of Interweave Knits. I love how the fit is very streamlined, with the side garter-stitch panels and shoulder-hugging garter-stitch yoke.
I also love that the sweater was knit in the round, from the bottom up, so there was very little seaming involved. I think he likes it, only he might wish it was a little less orange. This yarn, Plymouth Tweed color 5313, is a little bit color-shifty in different lights.

And here's a photo to show what a good sport Brian was to model for me today. It was about 28 degrees this morning in the country and *windy*. This is what we wore for the weather and what Brian wished he could model today, instead of his thin-ish Christmas sweater-- look at the pup squinting his eyes in the wind.
P.S., I wish that I could capture a good photo of the capped waves that roll across the pond on a windy day like today -- it's really a sight to see the whole top of the water shift from north to south. Today we watched the white geese pushed swiftly across the surface as soon as they landed, and we followed the farm rule of "no riding horses when there are whitecaps visible from the barn".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi..
i'm a knitter in north carolina...just found you on ravelry while looking at the cobblestone..you sweater is beautiful!

:) laura

Louise said...

Thanks, Laura! I tried (and failed) to find you on Ravelry, but I appreciate your comment.